AUCTION THIS SATURDAY
- 4 Beds
- 3 Baths
- 4 Cars
Live in an architectural wonder that blends new with old for a stunning result.
Originally built in 1912 in Lismore, Victoria, St Augustine Church has gradually transformed into a magnificent home. In 2001, it was sold and relocated to Werribee. After selling again in 2015, the current owner/builders decided to combine the building's heavenly charm with a modern twist. They've spent the last two years transforming this charming, historic home to create a contemporary wonder through an architecturally-designed extension.
With the entrance nestled between old and new, you'll be amazed how the renovations have created a contemporary home that still keeps the beauty of history.
The first room you'll see through an arched doorway is the converted church. As you enter, it's like walking into a piece of history. High vaulted ceilings with original timber create a sense of openness in the living/dining room, which also boasts its original timber flooring. Ordinate fans hang overhead and a double door leads out to the west side decking where you can watch the sun set each night. The other set of doors conceal a cosy study, which originally functioned as the parishioner's entrance for church services.
Towards the back of the room, lead lighted windows overlook a spacious kitchen that was built on the original altar of this amazing church. If you love to cook, then this kitchen practically invites you in, with its quality granite benchtops, stainless steel appliances, and original press metal tin splash back.
Entertaining outdoors is easy and elegant with this home. Behind the kitchen is the north deck, which sits alongside a beautiful family-sized, tiled swimming pool with spa, and leads to the alfresco area. Invite friends and family to enjoy this area on a warm summer's day and well into the balmy evenings.
While each of the 4 bedrooms are generously sized, the master bedroom is a haven, a private retreat at the top of the stairs. Unwind in front of the gas fireplace with a book, a movie, or that special someone. With walk-in-robes and a porcelain/marble ensuite bathroom, you'll never want to leave.
Last, but certainly not least, the 4-car remote-controlled garage will store everything you need (like a boat and a caravan for those long weekend getaways). Through the door at the back is a massive multipurpose room, ready to be moulded into whatever you need - gym, games room, home office, the possibilities are endless!
This amazing, once-in-a-lifetime home sits on 715m2 (approx.) with a picturesque, immaculately landscaped garden, adding to its impressive street presence, while its location is the perfect placement amongst elite schools, transport, and shopping.
- Original vaulted wooden ceilings, timber flooring and lead lighting in church
- Ordinate ceiling fans, light fittings, switches and door handles
- 2 reverse split systems
- Press metal kitchen splash
- 3 tier steps to meals and kitchen from sunken lounge and dining
- Decorative architraves
- Approx. 715m2 land
- 4 generous sized bedrooms plus study
- 3 bathrooms with heated towel racks
- Claw foot bath in central bathroom
- Master bedroom with retreat area, gas fire place, and tinted windows
- Porcelain and marble tiling in ensuite
- 3-4 car remote garage fully tiled with internal access
- Decorative lighting throughout
- Ducted floor heating
- Alarm system and cameras throughout
- Video intercom doorbell
- French doors leading to pool area and decking
- Solar/gas heated pool with white Italian porcelain mosaics, lighting and glass fencing
- BIR's all have built-in shelving
- Separate heating/cooling for both levels
- Feature Stone
- Spot Lights
- Multipurpose room (8.9x4.2m) with separate toilet and hot/cold water connection
- Intercom system
- Water tanks
- Side area to store machinery
- Car park bay to the side
- Plus much much more!
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm System
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
See all features
4 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.